ST. JOHN PAUL II PROVINCE
Heralds of Good news (The Brief History)
The Diocese of Eluru had given birth to the Society of Heralds of Good News on October 14th, 1984. This was a very significant day to the universal Church at large and memorable day to the Andhra Church in Particular. Since then the Society of Heralds of Good News spread far and wide with its missions and institutions around the globe. The year 2008 was a landmark in the History of Heralds of Good News, for the whole Society was divided into three Provinces for the sake of better administration and evangelization. The year 2011 was an unforgettable year in the history of Andhra Church, because after 27 years of its birth the Heralds of Good News had felt the need and raised a province in the name of South Central Province in the Andhra region. Thus the birth of St. John Paul II Province came into existence on 8th September 2011. Currently this Province has 72 priests, and 75 Seminarians at different stages of formation. These beloved missionaries are serving across the globe in different countries such as India, Italy, Netherland, Australia and United States of America. This province has taken St. John Paul II as the Patron, and its Motto being Love and Live. Imitating our High Priest Jesus Christ and following the exemplary life of the great evangelizer of the modern Church St. John Paul II, we the members of this province promise to put into action the vision of our beloved founder Rev. Dr. Jose Kaimlett and the specific aim of the Heralds of Good News i.e., To train and supply wherever there is need, dedicated, hardworking, zealous and saintly missionaries. And to live up to the vision of our province i.e., To live an apostolic life in the missionary society of Heralds of Good News, St. John Paul II Province with apostolic zeal and spirit to preach the Good News for the evangelization of the universe and to Love and Live the Gospel values for the conversion of the sinners and for the uplift meant of the poor and the needy by the divine assistant of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and by the intersession of the heavenly patrons and the provincial patron's life example with the cooperation and collaboration from the members to work for the glory of God and the salvation of souls.
To live an apostolic life in the missionary society of Heralds of Good News, St. John Paul - II Province with apostolic zeal and spirit to preach the Good News for the evangelization of the universe and to love and live the gospel values for the convertion of sinners and to uplift the poor and the needy by the divine grace of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and by the intercession of heavenly patterns and the provincial patterns life example.
Our Mission Activities
To promote better and more efficient apostolate in Southern region of India, our province decided to spread its activities to Southern Parts of India especially Andhra Pradesh where the presence of missionaries are very much needed.
- Formation Programme
- Care for the Children (Orphanages)
- Education (Schools)
- Care for the Poor
- Youth Ministry
- Care for the Aged
- Prison Ministry
Today the members of St. John Paul II Province are working in 11 dioceses in India namely; Adilabad, Eluru, Guntur, Hyderabad, Khammam, Kurnool, Nalgonda, Vishakapatanm, Warangal, Tamilnadu and Bombay, to spread the good news and to contribute towards the growth of Catholic Church. The Province is actively involving in the following activities in order to realize the vision of our founder as well as the Province to its fullness.
Presence in the Dioceses and the Ministries in India (Andhra Pradesh & Telangana State)
- Pastoral Ministry
- Educational Ministries
- Social Development Activities
- Orphanage and Hostel
- Higher Studies
- Prison Ministry
Nidadavole: (Temporary) Provincialate,
St. John's Minor Seminary, Formation House, St. John's Parish, Pastoral Ministry
Kurukuru: Assisting at Heralds Spiritual Orientation Center - Formation House
Eluru: Assisting at St. Xavier's Boarding & Formation House
Enkoor: St. Joseph Orphanage (Hostel and Education), St. Joseph Church, Pastoral Ministry
Dhammapeta: St. Mary's English Medium School (Education), Immaculate Conception Orphanage, (Hostel) and Immaculate Conception Church, Pastoral Ministry.
HYDERABAD ARCH DIOCESE:
Vanastalipuram: Heralds High School (Education), Holy Cross Church, Postal Ministry
Nagarjunasagar: St. Joseph's Hostel (Education), St. Joseph's Church, Pastoral Ministry.
Dondapadu: St. Joseph's Church- Pastoral Ministry
G. V. Gudem: Don Bosco Academy- Formation House
Somavaram ( Nereducherla): Sacred Heart Church - Pastoral Ministry
Kammagudem: Pope Paul VI E.M. School - Education
Gopavaram: St. John Paul II Mission Parish- Pastoral Ministry
Guntakal: Assisting at Our Lady of Good Health Shrine, Pastoral Ministry
Ramadurgam: Assisting at Assumption Church, Pastoral Ministry
Maseedpuram: Infant Jesus Church, Pastoral Ministry.
Peddakadubur: St. Peter's Catholic Church, Pastoral Ministry.
Asifabad: Arogyamatha Catholic Mission Center, Pastoral Ministry.
Abbinenigutapalem: Assisting at Velangini Matha Shrine, Pastoral Ministry
Repalle: Assisting at St. Mary's Church, Pastoral Ministry
Thumarakota: St. Thomas Church, Pastoral Ministry
Rentachitala: Assisting at Kanukamatha Church, Pastoral Ministry.
Mangalagiri: Assisting at RCM Church, Pastoral Ministry
VISHAKHAPATNAM ARCH DIOCESE:
Peddaboddepalli: Assisting at R.C.M Church, Pastoral Ministry
Saluru (2): Mother of God Church, Pastoral Ministry
Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram Research Centre: Studying LPH St. Peter's
Pontifical Institute: Studying MCL
Mahim, Mumbai: St. Michael Church, Pastoral Ministry.
Agirimagalam, Seerathope: Assisting at PIME Study House & Formation House
Vailangani: Assisting at Shrine Basilica of Velainganni, Pastoral Ministry
The Overseas Dioceses where St. John Paul - II Province is Present
Australia : Rockhampton
Italy : Albenga- Imperia, Ariano-Irpino, Genova, Nola, Tricarico, SS Trinita di Cava
USA : Lexington, Wheeling & Charleston, Owensborrow, Las Cruces, Evansville, Stockton
MAJOR SEMINARIES (For all Provinces together)
- St. Joseph's Major Seminary, Khammam, Andhra Pradesh (Institute of Theology)
- St. John's Major Seminary, Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh (Institute of Philosophy)
- Heralds Spiritual Orientation Centre, Kurukkuru, Andhra Pradesh
MINOR SEMINARIES(of St. John Paul II Province)
- St. John's Minor Seminory, Nidadavole, Eluru, W.G.Dt.,
- St. Mary's English Medium School, Dammapeta, Andhra Pradesh.
- Heralds High School, Vanastalipuram, Hyderabad. R.R. Dt., Andhra Pradesh.
ORPHANAGE & HOSTEL
- Immaculate Conception Orphonage, Dammapet, Khammam Dt., Andhra Pradesh
- St. Joseph's Orphonage, T.L.Pet, Enkoor. Khammam Dt., Andhra Pradesh
- St. Joseph's Hostal, Hill Colony, Nagarjunasagar, Noldonda Dt., Andhra Pradesh
- Immaculate Conception Church, Dammapet, Khammam Dt., Andhra Pradesh.
- St. Joseph's Church, Hill Colony, Nagarjunasagar, Noldonda Dt., Andhra Pradesh.
- St. Joseph's Church, T.L.Pet, Knkoor. Khammam Dt., Andhra Pradesh.
- Holy Cross Church, Vanasthalipuam, R. R. dt., Andhra Pradesh.
- RCM Parish Church, Maseedupuram, Kurnool Diocese, Andhra Pradesh.
- RCM Parish Church, Gopavaram, Kurnool Diocese, Andhra Pradesh.
- St. Thomas Church, Thummrukota, Guntur Diocese, Andhra Pradesh.
- St. John's Parish, Nidadavole, Eluru Diocese, Andhra Pradesh
- Asifabad: Arogyamatha Catholic Mission Center , Adilabad Dt, Telangana State
- Somavaram: Sacred Heart Church, Nalgonda Diocese, Telangana State
- Dondapadu: St. Fathima Church, Nalgonda Diocese, Telangana State
- Guntakal: Our Lady of Good Health Shrine, Kurnool Diocese, Andhra Pradesh
- Ramadurgam: Assumption Church, Kurnool Diocese, Andhra Pradesh
- Peddakadubur: St. Peter's Catholic Church, Kurnool Diocese, Andhra Pradesh
- Repalle: St. Mary's Church, Guntur Diocese, Andhra Pradesh
- Rentachintala: Kanukamatha Church, Guntur Diocese, Andhra Pradesh
- Peddaboddepalli: R.C.M Church, Vishakapatnam Diocese, Andhra Pradesh
- Peddaveedhi: Mother of God Church, Vishakapatnam Diocese, Andhra Pradesh
- Patigadda: Lourdhu Matha Church, Nalgonda Diocese, Andhra Pradesh
- Nallikuduru: Sacred Heart Church, Warangal Diocese, Telangana State
- Abbineniguntapalem: Velangini Matha Shrine, Guntur Diocese, Telangana State
- Mangalagiri: R. C. M. Church, Guntur Diocese, Andhra Pradesh
SOCIAL WORK CENTRES